Sunday, June 08, 2008

Children of the world...future of the world...guess that applies to India as well....and if thats the case then I am already getting jitters! So the other day I was waiting for my train to arrive with some Bryan Adams Room service soothing my ears was just waiting. The next train was due in half hour so that gave me one of my favourite passtimes...just watch people..and be amazed...so this guy in his thirties comes up..takes out a melody...and bang!! the wrappers on the platform..as someone whose pockets forever filled with candy wrappers ( I hate littering) it was an awful sight. Cursing him under my breath I continued to chase other people. So here I see a nice little child..some 10 year old at the max...he goes to the same shop and buys 4 of those Melodies. I was just hoping this one would do the right thing and show the man what an ass he was...but I was in for another one of those WTF shocks! This little brat opens and sprays the wrapper all over the platform. So here I am staring at two wrappers in the platform put by two idiots. The kid didnt disappoint me. He went on to do exactly the same with the other three Melodies in the next three minutes!! It was as if he was sending me a message that what a jerk I was to have any expectations out of him!!! Seated next to me was a man handicapped in his mouth. He atleast sympathised with me it seems and was saying something in sign language to me..something I coudnt understand...but in his eyes I got the message. He was with me. Actually telling me the usual - " Whats the point...go home..we are like that only!!" So I promptly did the same. Then on the way back I completely forgot about it till it just hit me. One set of children are playing playstation ( and not cricket and football like we did), the other set is littering away to glory in public places, the other set has never seen a school and neither their parents have or not seen parents, some are locked up in their books studying things which have little relevance in real life (most will end up going to US for their MS and probably never return)....gosh!! Where the hell are we headed!!!!! Guess the dumb guy was right. We are like that!!!

1 comment:

All Smiles!! said...

Hmm...Let me tell ya I am going to become a major in two monts but still at present I am a kid and I too HATE LITTERING public places and places which personally dont belong to me(because my room is almost always in a mess). I hate it when people litter and I give dirty stairs to people who throw junk or spit or pee in public places.
But it doesn't change the fact about all the other kids and the citizens of India.
You know what I think we must do..next time we see somebody littering the place we should pick it up,discard the junk into a dustbin and then give the guy a curt scolding then perhaps he will feel ashamed and never do such a thing again!...what says ya? :-)